Lead in to Law is Slaughter and May’s two year development programme for Year 12 and Year 13 students interested in a legal career. It is run in partnership with diversity specialists Rare.
The programme is focused on increasing access to the legal profession for students from socially diverse backgrounds. It offers places to 20 students each year, providing them with university application support, mentoring and work insight opportunities.
The programme is free to students and includes:
- a launch event in February with Slaughter and May at their London office;
- a one-to-one personal development meeting with the Rare team to set university application goals;
- a chance to hear from current students at top tier universities;
- personalised support from the Rare team with UCAS preparation and personal statement writing;
- two work insight schemes with Slaughter and May, one in August and one in October;
- the option to be matched with a Slaughter and May mentor in Year 13 to support students in their transition to university;
- a Year 13 revision tips session; and
- a summer networking and university preparation event at the end of the programme.
Travel expenses will be covered throughout the programme.